• Mankiw, N. G. (2014). Principles of Economics (8th ed). Stamford CT: Cengage.
o ISBN: 9781337516860 (Hardback) or ISBN: 9781337607698 (Loose Leaf)
• Spain is my country, I have attached week 1& 2 assignments as they go together!
This week, you need to refer again to the economic data of the country you chose (spain) and relate it to week 3’s material. Specifically, you need to respond to the following questions:
- What is the country’s unemployment rate? How does it compare to the United States’ unemployment rate? Are they better off or worse off than us?
- What is the country’s currency? What is the exchange rate with the dollar? Does it have a floating or fixed exchange rate, or does it use the dollar as its currency?
- Who are its’ main trading partners? Is foreign investment important for them? Does the country have a trade deficit or surplus? What percent of the GDP are exports? (you can just divide the value of exports by the GDP).
- Using the information about unemployment, inflation (Week 2 report), and trade, what is your general assessment of the country? Are they experiencing stability and growth or an economic crisis? Please use your own words.
Each week your post must be in a report format, not in a Q&A format. So remember to use paragraphs and a report structure to your post.
Expectations for the research assignments:
1) Respond to all week’s topics and sub-topics;
2) Cite (APA style) all the information presented, not just direct quotes;
3) Reference (APA) style) the sources at the end;
4) Use proper paragraphing; and,
5) Present the information in a clear and professional fashion.
You can find that information at websites like Wikipedia, CIA Factbook, and The World Bank (links are below). You can also find useful information about your country at web sites in the country of your choice.
- Your research paper this week should be between 250 and 350 words. Shorter submissions will be penalized. Longer posts are acceptable only if the extra words add substance to your report. At the bottom of your post, you should include a word count (how many words are in your post).
- Structure your paper as a report. Do use multiple paragraphs. Do NOT attach your report, instead type it into the text box on the research assignment board.
- You must cite all the information used in your report and include the sources in your reference listing. Use APA format for citations and references – see the APA Powerpoint linked below.
- Remember: you should not “copy and paste” information. Plagiarism is penalized with a zero in the assignment the first time, and a zero in the course the second time. Use your own words and quote only facts or numbers)
- Remember to include citations to your sources in the body of your post and to provide the references at the end of your post. Where possible, please make the links to any web information clickable links. Remember the references and links must be to the article you used, not just to the web site. Be sure to include the full URL, otherwise your link will not be clickable.
6. If you choose a country already selected by a classmate, it is perfectly fine, but you cannot plagiarize your classmate’s work. That would get you an automatic zero in the assignment.
In addition to the links below, do use the web for additional useful information. Remember that each country will have multiple web sites that provide country specific information.
• CIA World Factbook
• World Bank
If you have any questions or concerns, email me.
Your submission this week must be at least 250 words long, in order to receive full credit.
The detailed instructions are posted above. Remember you can not change countries once you have selected one. Citations and references are required and they must be in APA style (Apa.pptx – Click for more options).